Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Empty Chair Day

I had intentions of writing over the weekend, but enjoying time with family distracted me. The rest can wait. But I did manage to join in with a quiet little protest (along with many thousands of others, I gather), by placing an empty chair under the stars and stripes. The image seems to have struck a chord.

As this blog piece noted, with some understatement, “There is obviously a deep grassroots desire to be heard, and to be heard against Obama.” And I might add, not just the individual by that name, but the ideology that seeks to confiscate the profits from our work, control our personal decisions, limit our God-given freedoms, and denigrate the principles that must be followed in order for civilization to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment