Thursday, November 19, 2020

Just Some Personal Stories

Today’s post is mainly about a couple of personal experiences. Both relate to the difficulty of getting truth and expressing truth. The first story relates to COVID-19. The second story relates to election integrity. I’d like to write an entire post on either, or both. There’s so much to say about either. But mainly today I’m concerned about being able to tell something related to these topics in a world that censors. 

image found here

 

The COVID-19 Related Censorship Story

We have an extended family member who went through a struggle with COVID-19 last month. Several people in his family—including wife and grown children went through it. I’m going to use mainly his words, removing identifiers for privacy. This family member is about 5 years younger than I am, so, mid-50s.

He wrote this to us on Friday, October 2nd. It is the same date that President Trump announced he was fighting it. The President was treated over the weekend and felt practically recovered the following Monday. Here’s our family member’s story:

Family,

I’ve been ill for several days and still getting worse and not better. Yesterday I got my test results showing POSITIVE for active Covid 19.  It’s just barely moving into my lungs and, so far, has been like a bad flu.

It seems our big family and risky travels has caught up with us! While we do take general precautions, we’ve also been very active with multiple travels. A couple weeks ago Daughter and Wife flew to Tampa to play with Other Daughter. One of their activities was a day at Universal Studios Harry Potter World (their FIFTH theme park day since Covid began!). All three of them got sick shortly thereafter. Daughter and Wife brought it back to AZ and I soon got ill. So far the grandkids are unaffected or simply headaches and very low fever.

I thought I was improving yesterday, but my symptoms are worse today than yesterday.  My doctor won’t prescribe anything.....said to take Advil and cough syrup!

The only good news is that if I successfully beat this, then I’ll be immune for our cruise through the Panama Canal next month!!!  They still have not canceled that cruise(??? Not sure why it’s not canceled as I don’t know if the various ports are open along the route).

I’ll keep you posted.  Hope you are all doing well.

 

John Locher/AP Photo found here

I emailed him, that same day, my little bit of advice:

Praying you get through this quickly and completely. In early stages, hydroxychloroquine combined with zinc and an antibiotic such as Zithromax has been shown effective all over the world. Also, I understand there's a steroid nasal spray that has been effective. I don't understand why a doctor would prescribe nothing when you're at an early stage when these things work best. Find a doctor who does those sensible things. My opinion.

Another family member sent similar, but more detailed advice, explaining why some of these supplements work, and linking to some online sources. One paragraph he added was this:

I am not a doctor. I am not able to guarantee the effectiveness of these products. However, physicians, most with foreign experience in places like Africa and Asia, claim good success in treating COVID-19 patients using these supplements (which aren't regulated). Successful treatments have included oxygen plus budesonide (or another anti-inflammatory) in a nebulizer to reduce the cytokine storm, which is often what really kills the COVID-19 sufferer. The budesonide does require a prescription.

 

In phonecalls, he offered thanks for the concern and assured us his son-in-law, studying to be a nurse practitioner, was keeping him apprised of the protocol he was instructed to use, which was essentially what his doctor was doing.

On October 7, about 5 days later, the ill family member emailed this:

My condition kept getting worse and worse, however, yesterday I had my first day of improvement.  Today is "Ok" as well.  This has been quite horrible.

I believe I'm on the mend, but it is not a FAST recovery at all.  My oximeter still shows my blood oxygen levels are consistently LOW, but better than they were.  I will likely have a long road back.

Even Wife has relapses whenever she exerts herself—and she was very strong when she first got sick as she has been on a formal exercise program for many months (her best friend is a physical trainer).

I'll keep you posted.

 

Then we got a follow-up on October 12, which he posted on Facebook.

Covid-19 Follow-up. I'm pleased to report I am MUCH better. HOWEVER—the government constrains on doctors is A SCAM. I suffered very badly for many days. My primary doctor with Named Health Care (who was amazing), quit practicing in the middle of Covid. I don't know if it was fear of infecting her family, or if she was not allowed to treat patients properly. I was assigned a new doctor. I WAS NOT ALLOWED ACCESS TO HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE and other helpful products. I WAS TOLD TO TAKE ADVIL MORNING AND NIGHT AND USE DELSYM COUGH MEDICINE. I did this for two weeks and got more and more sick each day to the point my lungs were not processing oxygen well [I have a pulse-oximeter to measure blood oxygen]. FINALLY—I FIRED MY DOCTOR and switched to a local family practice with more proactive treatment. They assessed me for possible contradictions to the treatment and then prescribed a simple 'cocktail' of Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc Sulfate, Azithromycin, and Prednisone. All in relatively low doses for 7 days.

WITHIN 24 HOURS THE MAJOR SYMPTOMS HAD DEPARTED. Within 48 hours I was about 80% recovered and up and about doing chores and projects. Now, at 4 days and am very strong and simply hoping my lungs can recover from the damage.

Oh...and the medications only cost $40. If I had been quickly evaluated and prescribed these simple medications on the day I tested positive for Covid, I could have avoided a huge amount of suffering and possibly permanent damage to my lungs.

I will NEVER TRUST the big government control of healthcare again. They tried to kill me!

I’ve written multiple times (see here, here, and here) about the treatment that finally worked for him. It has been known to work during most of the pandemic. But doctors have been forbidden to use it in many places, and if you bring it up on social media, you can be censored. I'd like to know why?

This is just one more personal anecdotal story. It just happens to be the closest relative I have had suffering from a serious, identified case of COVID-19. So my personal experience is, it works 100% of the time, just like the censored doctors have said.

If I were doing a full post on COVID-19 today, I’d add the following.

·         “FDA OKs first rapid home test” Houston Chronicle, Nov. 19, 2020, p. A9.

·         “UT Analysis: 1 in 6 Texans, or 4.75M estimated to be infected already” Houston Chronicle, Nov. 18, 2020, p. A1. Note that this is intended to alarm us. But in the story it says, this is how many total have caught it, knowingly or not, in the 8 months we have had known cases in Texas. It’s four times previous estimates. That means the lethality is much lower than previous estimates, and current immunity among the population, most of whom have already recovered, is now much higher. And see the next story.

·         “Data: COVID Immunity Could Last for Years” Houston Chronicle, Nov. 18, 2020, p. A6.

·         Multiple vaccines are expected to be made available in the near future, with 95% efficacy rates.

·         Other treatments are being found effective, and are being made available. Governor Abbott has approved dispensing of one. See this story: “Gov. Abbott says COVID-19 antibody therapy drug to becomeavailable for eligible Texans” WFAA News, Nov. 19, 2020. 

But,

·         There’s a rise in cases being called a surge, and many areas are calling for more or extended lockdowns, with warnings against Thanksgiving family gatherings. County Judge Hidalgo sent out a warning to all residents, on our phones, on Tuesday.

·         Looking at the county health data shows almost no surge.

Here’s the latest charts, made myself using Harris County and Texas data that I look up daily. This first one is the 7-day rolling average of deaths in Texas.

data from Texas DSHS, which I've gathered daily

 

You can see that Texas has had some recent increase, but is still well under half of when we had a surge in late July—which did not overwhelm the healthcare system. Much of the Texas problem lately has been related to El Paso, with cases crossing into Texas from over the border.

Here in Harris County, it’s hard to detect anything you could call a surge. Maybe a slight bump.

data from Harris County Public Health, which I've gathered daily

 

I’m not graphing cases; I’m looking at deaths, which is a lagging indicator. But they started saying there was a surge three or four weeks ago, so the deaths would show up by now. There was a slight uptick, maybe already over. Enough to give up seeing your family when you’ve all been safe and well—or maybe have developed immunity? It doesn’t appear from the data that there’s anything to panic over.

I do look at case data for my zip code, where it’s a little more manageable, and maybe believable. The daily chart has been showing fewer active cases each day for some time. On average, we have 6-8 fewer active cases per day. We have a total of 11 deaths, which is about low-mid-range for Harris County. But we haven’t had a new death in this zip code since October 26. The one previous to that was September 27.

Here’s the Epi-Curve of cases for the county, as charted by the county.

graph from Harris County Public Health

 

In sum, the data shows no need to panic. We should not be Code Red; we should be Code Orange or maybe Code Yellow. The fact that the code meter has never moved is odd, if you’re looking at the county’s actual data. Maybe somebody ought to “follow the science.”

My recommendation, which I’m daring enough to say: As long as you know your relatives are currently well, and you know you are, go ahead and enjoy Thanksgiving together.

 

The Election Integrity Related Censorship Story

On November 4, the day after the election, this same AZ relative posted some information about their voting experience in AZ. I reported it at the time. He had taken his marked absentee ballot to the polling place and turned in his vote, and it counted. His wife went to the same polling place and used the Sharpie marker provided by poll workers to vote in person. A later check online showed her ballot had been rejected. Multiple relatives around the state had similar issues. By the time I wrote, she had been able to get her vote counted, but at least three other relatives, all from Republican areas, had not. It made them suspicious.

This issue, experienced by many, was called “Sharpie-gate.” Was there an issue? Yes. Was he spreading rumors? No. He was telling his personal experience. There were plenty of other issues in AZ, which is still unable to get a certifiable count.

A few days later, November 9, this relative signed off Facebook with this:

My dear friends. This will be my last Facebook post as I will be deleting my account tonight. I have loved knowing more about your activities and your feelings these past years....but I have personally experienced the control and censorship of Facebook when I recently posted direct experiences at our precinct polling station (there has truly been corruption in the vote this year). Please feel free to reach out via email for new contact information.

I had signed up for a Parler account just a few days earlier. I haven’t yet left Facebook, which has a format I’m used to, and still many non-political friends I’d like to stay in touch with.

But here’s the issue I’m having. I think Facebook is keeping me from getting seen.

I write this blog, posting twice a week, generally. I write here on Mondays and Thursdays, sometimes not getting things posted until after midnight, so you’re more likely to see them on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I don’t advertise. I’m not a business entity; I’m just an individual writer. And I have things to say that I can more easily do in this format than either speaking or in a short tweet. Some friends find it valuable, and that is gratifying. And data shows I get found somehow by people around the world. I am, as I’ve said, obscure. I do not have a big enough following to make money at this. Maybe someday, if I complete a book I want to sell, I’ll do what it takes to actually market.

I spent several years writing without hardly mentioning it. A few years ago I started a pattern of linking my blog posts on Facebook. I try not to be overly political there, at least in what I offer. I do follow a number of political people and groups, where I react and occasionally comment. But on my wall, I’m pretty mild. When I post one of my blogs, I try to say just enough about it to pique interest, without being overtly political. Often you have to go to the blog itself to understand what the topic of the day is. I sacrifice clarity for the sake of avoiding conflict among my friends. Still, there are a number of friends who follow me because of my Facebook posts.

I’ve written four posts on election integrity since the election. It’s hard to concentrate on anything else. These are:

·         It’s Not Over, Nov. 6, 2020

·         Data Scientists Are the New Superheroes, Nov. 9, 2020

·         Evidence of Voter Fraud Is Mounting, Nov. 12, 2020

·         More Data Scientist Heroics to Save America, Nov. 16, 2020

The first one got more than my average views. The second one got much more. About my usual total views for three months for that single post. It was a bit surprising to me. But I go on about my business. My next one was still viewed, but more like the numbers of the first one.

Then I wrote the fourth one. And I got zero likes or reactions at all on Facebook. And, beyond my own views for when I go check my blog data, I got single digits of page views. I’m obscure. But not that obscure.

I checked with a friend that I know is a regular reader. Could she see it on Facebook? She could, by going to my wall, but it did not come up in her feed. Neither had the one previous.

So I did a little unscientific test. I wrote a post asking friends to let me know if they could see that post. Plenty of friends did that. (Thank you all. You made me feel loved. I love you too.)

So, OK, maybe it was a temporary thing. I wasn't in Facebook jail. I re-posted Monday’s blog, the one that got no reactions. This time I got two reactions on Facebook, from regular readers. (Thank you.) And a literal handful more on my data count on the blog.

What I think is, Facebook did not like my posts. Without some exploration, it’s hard to tell that they’re about the election, except that third one. I didn’t get a warning that my information wasn’t in harmony with their community standards or anything. I didn't see warnings come up about where to go for election information, which Facebook so "helpfully" provides.

I just got made actually obscure. My latest linked blog post, with no indicator that it was about voter fraud, does not go to anyone’s feed. Or almost no one’s, even on the second try.

So today I’m writing my own experience. Is it about censorship? I think so. I’ve been posting this way for years. Maybe they’ve been obscuring me off and on. How would I know? I don’t even know for certain that the subject matter that was interesting to a record number of readers a week ago is not worth reading this week. It couldn’t be a difference in writing quality, because people would have to actually read it to learn that, and that would show up as page views, so I’ll set aside that assumption for now.

I’ll be testing ways to get my rather quiet voice out there. And we’ll see what happens. But I hate to think what would happen if the censorship were to get governmental approval, as in a Biden presidency.

If I were writing about the election again today, I would include these four (and if I were really writing about it, probably a lot more).

One is today’s press conference with the President’s legal team—a must watch. 

Two is a video I listed at the end of my last post, but I didn’t get to talk about this part. The data analyst showed what happened in the 2018 Kentucky Governor’s race. The feed comes in live to the news centers, and he showed a split second, frame-by-frame, of an update in the count. It was a moment when a vote switch was caught live onscreen, on CNN.


I took a screenshot from this video,
and added the arrows and count comments


Three, a friend sent me this Wimkin video earlier today. It’s a phone video of a phone showing a video that had been made unavailable—a less than high resolution way to share it, but the info is there. I know nothing about either the originator of video or of the guy who was passing it along on this Wimkin video, but it does align with the video in Two, above, showing the same type of switch. The narrator says, if you happened to record one of the main news reports on election night, you can take note of each data update and see when vote switches happened. I think there may be other sources for the data updates as well. There are people who have listed the places and times vote switches happened. This screenshot is poor quality, but you can see someone has listed various cities where they identify switched votes and lost votes. They add up to a lot of stolen votes.


screenshot from here, listing votes switched and lost
 

This video also notes that, on election night, the President was in the command center, watching the feeds happen, and noting each data update. He has had the data showing the fraud all along.

Four, the President posted one of these Wednesday, one Thursday, using graphs provided by the New York Times. Those spikes that suddenly change the trajectory of the election—those aren’t possible in a natural world. They’re vote dumps for Biden, and they’re time stamped. The news media reported on this—without showing the NYT graph—claiming Trump made up stuff about voter theft. (I included Facebook’s “helpful” warning to me not to believe my lying eyes.)


The graphs are from the New York Times.
President Trump posted these separately on Facebook, here and here.

The more evidence that comes out, the more convinced I am that President Trump will remain in office in January.

Heaven help us all if the perpetrators of this crime of the century are given power instead of prison sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment