Thursday, April 10, 2014

Holy Week, Part I


The greatest force in the world for bringing about freedom, prosperity, and civilization is a group of people striving to follow Christ the Savior. We’re coming up on the day we celebrate His resurrection. Christmas, when we celebrate His birth, is a big time of year too, but the resurrection—that’s even bigger. Nothing more significant in the entire history of our universe.  Because He overcame death, we can follow Him and return to heaven to live with our Father and our loved ones for eternity. Everything is so much bigger and more abundant than we can grasp.As the Lord said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).
So I like to celebrate Easter. Last year I did a post in preparation for Easter, with some artwork being used for a countdown. I thought I’d do something similar this year with music and videos. That’s the plan for today and next week’s posts. Not a lot of reading in these posts, just a lot of beautiful feelings, what I hope is a nice respite from the daily heaviness we so often have to face. It is my hope that this Easter celebration will help us all choose the more abundant, more civilized way of living.
Today I’d like to share a beautiful short video, produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, called “He Is Risen.”   

 
There are others in this series of videos, some showing more details of the specific events:
·         The Last Supper



·         Jesus is Laid in the Tomb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment