Friday, April 6, 2012

He Is Risen

The Spherical Model proposes that one of the essentials of civilization is a religious people who live the basics of God’s law: the Ten Commandments. So, while religious specifics aren’t something we cover here every day, this is the foundation under everything else, including politics and economics.
It’s Good Friday, and worth spending a post rejoicing for the single most important event that has happened in the history of our world: Jesus the Christ has risen from the dead, leading the way for us to be able to return home to heaven.
A friend on Facebook has been linking a photo countdown this week, with art from some of my favorite artists, so I looked up the source. (I don’t follow a great many artists, but these happen to be among those I’m familiar with and follow, probably because of their religious content. J. Kirk Richards was brought to my attention a few years ago by my daughter-in-law, who had a copy of one of his Madonna and Child paintings. You can find his work here.) Each photo has a message reminding us of this important week.
All of these are from the Facebook page of Mormon.org and can be found in an album there. I believe there will be ten; today is the eighth. So it will be worth checking back there through Easter Sunday. I hope you enjoy the sweet peace I feel looking at these images. And I hope your Easter celebration is beautiful as well.
Painting by Walter Rane
Painting by J. Kirk Richards
Painting by Carl Bloch
Painting by J. Kirk Richards
Painting by J. Kirk Richards
Painting by J. Kirk Richards
Painting by Walter Rane
Painting by J. Kirk Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment