Friday, March 4, 2011

First Blog Entry

I am Spherical Model. That is not my shape (although there is more resemblance than I would like). Spherical Model, rather, is an alternative to the “left/right” paradigm. This blog is commentary related to the website www.sphericalmodel.com.  It would be a good idea for readers to go to the website first, to understand the way Spherical Model looks at things. The postings here will support the Spherical Model way of relating to political, economic, or social spheres, or to their interrelationships.

The Spherical Model concept is mine, but the “conservative” [or “classically liberal,” if you understand that definition] ideas it explains have many influences. Some of the favorites are Bastiat’s The Law, Ezra Taft Benson’s The Proper Role of Government, Cleon Skousen’s The 5000-Year Leap, of course the US Constitution, Freidrich Hayek’s The Road to Serfdom, Thomas Sowell’s Basic Economics, and a growing list. Favorite online will show up as links from time to time.

There are a lot of bloggers and columnists out there saying good things, getting at the truth, and helping to educate me. I’m not likely to be the first or most insightful, so I’m hoping my contribution will be an organizing factor.

In my segment on the social sphere, I define civilization in a specific way. I love and value this civilization. I’m hoping that what I say here will contribute to helping people identify and choose a civilized life and culture.

About me: I am a mom who recently completed a decade of homeschooling. I’ve been married for nigh unto three decades to Mr. Spherical Model. We have three grown children. Our son Political Sphere is married and working, but recently scored brilliantly on the law school entrance exam, so he’s preparing to head back to school. Our son Economic Sphere, also married, is graduating and entering the work world in some kind of financial role. Our daughter Social Sphere is very well named. College life is her current realm. I get some of my best ideas from these three offspring spheres.


No comments:

Post a Comment